How To Use Split Screen Mode On Android
One feature that most smartphone users look for is multitasking. There are several instances when you have to perform two tasks at once. Then, being able to see the two apps together is very useful. From copying a number from your email to the dialer to sharing from a webpage on to WhatsApp, the split screen feature can be very handy.
There are two methods that you can use to activate the split screen mode on your Android device. Even though the methods are standardized by Google, these two manufacturers who allow this feature, namely Google and Samsung, have different methods of activating split screen.
Method 1: Suitable for Google Pixels
- Open the app that you wish to use. Then, go to the recent button and hold it down for a few seconds. The screen will split into two and activate the split screen mode.
- You will see the app that you are using on one half and the other half will display all the apps that you have used recently. Scroll down and choose the app that you want to open.
- In case the app does not appear in the split screen, click on the home button to open the home screen.
- The status bar is red in color, indicating that split screen is active.
- You can resize the two panes by dragging the horizontal line that divides the screen.
- When you wish to exit the split screen mode, hold the “Recents” button down again and the screen will return to normal.
Method 2: Suitable for Samsung Devices
- Click on the “Recents” button.
- On the top right, you will see the split screen icon.
- Once you click on the icon, the app will be pushed up and the second half will give you a list of other apps that you can open.
- Click on the app that you wish to open and it will be displayed on the second half of the screen.
- You have various options when it comes to split screen with Samsung devices. You can switch the positions of the app, use picture in picture and also pin items to the top of the screen when you select them.
- You can choose the split screen option again to exit the mode.
- To resize each pane, you can use the horizontal line between the two screens and simply drag it.
- Split screen option improves productivity immensely. This was a feature that was introduced by Samsung and has been available to its users for quite some time now. You can now Compare Samsung Mobile Deals on mobilephonecomparisons.co.uk to get the best possible deals on your device, data usage and also talk time.
- You also have the option of comparing mobile phones online to choose one that suits you perfectly. Not just that you can compare mobile phone deals from different manufacturers and network providers as well to make sure that you get the best possible value for the money that you spend.