How to Find the Ideal Numbers of Security Cameras for Your Home? Factors that you should consider
Are you wondering how many cameras you should install at your home for optimum safety? Mentioned in this post are some factors that might help you make the decision.
Installing surveillance cameras provide a safe environment at home. With the advent of technology, there are several quality CCTV cameras available. You are likely to find several variants with different features and benefits. According to your personal requirement and various other aspects, you might want to decide on the number of cameras for your home. Below are a few things that you should look into.
- Entrance/ Exit Points: It is important to note the number of entry and exit points at your place. Ideally, these are the primary areas where you should have cameras. Any potential threats can be checked by monitoring these points. This will help you capture the faces of the individuals.
- Type of Accommodation (Independent/Apartment): Whether you are staying in an independent house or an apartment also plays a vital role in choosing the number of CCTVs. In an apartment, the points of entry/exit are generally less than that in an independent house. This naturally means that you will have to install more cameras if you are staying in an independent house such as a villa or a bungalow.
- Area of the House: The number of surveillance cameras that you might need depends on the total area of the house. As the size of the area increases, the requirement of cameras also increases. You should check the lateral vision of the camera to help you cover a wide area. This will assist in finding out the right number of cameras that you will need for your home.
- The Lifestyle of the Occupants: If you are a frequent traveller who is always on the go then you might want to increase the security at home by installing more cameras. Whereas if you spend enough time at home except for the office hours, then a minimal amount of cameras will suffice. It also depends on the number of people who are at home as they can also monitor the place.
- Choke Points: Criminals who notice the camera, will generally cover their faces to avoid recognition. However, it is possible to capture their faces at certain choke points. Places like hallways, lobbies and queues are where you can quickly identify the criminal. You should place the security camera at these points.
Bonus Tip: Others
Other features are also important while deciding on the number of cameras. For instance, if you do not have any security guards at your home, then the need of cameras might increase. If your front yard is large, then you might want to increase the number of cameras since the criminals will have more scope for posing a threat.
Thus, CCTV cameras are a reliable way of keeping you and your families safe. They help you get the evidence against criminals if something happens. Surveillance cameras are also great for conflict resolution as you can monitor exactly what is going on. Above all, it gives you peace of mind.