Description: If you want to become a Blockchain developer, you need to learn the basics of Blockchain, followed by Solidity, Ethereum, Coding, etc. Read the article for a complete guide.
What is all this fuss about Blockchain? How to become a Blockchain developer? If you have these questions in your mind, then you have landed on the right place.
Blockchain is often known as trustless because it eliminates the dependency on an intermediary, like banks, to do the transactions. Its deployment can be cheap and require significantly less investment. This is one of the reasons why it has attracted different sectors. They have started using self-regulated Smart Contracts, capable to implement or perform specific types of transactions.
Now, with so much popularity of Blockchain, there are several people who want to become a Blockchain developer. The only issue is how? So, here I am with some crisp and relevant tips that will help you to become a Blockchain developer.
- Understand Blockchain Basics: Most Important
There are certain words associated with Blockchain that explains its functionality appropriately:
- Decentralized: A Blockchain has no center. It is saved across multiple systems. These systems are known as nodes. As there is no involvement of third parties, Blockchain is known as a peer-to-peer network. Users deal directly with one another instead of third parties.
- Consensus: Not a single block can be added to the Blockchain without more than half nodes’ consensus. They have to accept and validate the transaction, protecting Blockchain from fraud.
- Immutable: The added information can’t be modified or removed from Blockchain. This feature makes it is a secured platform. Moreover, it is encrypted and almost impossible to hack.
The software, built on Blockchain are known as decentralized applications (dApp). The first dApp was created on Bitcoin’s Blockchain. For a deep understanding, you can refer to the book “Mastering Bitcoin: Unlocking Digital Cryptocurrencies” by Andreas Antonopoulos.
- Learn the Difference NEO vs. Ethereum
Ethereum was built by Vitalik Buterin and went live in 2015. Whereas, NEO, previously called Antshares, was created by Erik Zhang and Da Hongfei in 2014. Both the platforms allow the users to build dApps, but their way is a bit different. DApps are designed using programming languages, like regular software. NEO dApps can be developed with various programming languages, such as Java and C#. Therefore, NEO is simple for experienced users.
NEO focuses on giving platforms for digital businesses. It presently a faster network as compared to Ethereum. Like NEO, Ethereum also has links with huge businesses, including Samsung and Mastercard. But, it is more focused on supporting users for the development of Blockchain. Moreover, Ethereum has the biggest dApps building community of Blockchain. This is the reason, it is considered to be the best platform for a novice to begin development training.
- Knowledge of Solidity is a Must
Developed by Ethereum team, Solidity is utilized to write smart contracts. These contracts are used to create dApps.
What are Smart Contracts? These are the protocols that guide transactions on Ethereum. In case the conditions of a smart contract met, then only the transaction will happen. Let’s take a look at how a transaction happens on Ethereum’s, as well as Bitcoin’s Blockchain.
For Ethereum, check out this video:
For Bitcoin, check out this video:
- Get a Deep Understanding of Solidity Working
Solidity is a tough coding language and designed to be read and used by us. Computer programs are generally written in a high-level language, then translated into a low-level understandable coding language. Low-level languages use binary language, hence designed to be used and read by computers. When you create dApps, as well as smart contracts on the Ethereum Blockchain, there are protocols to guide their design. For instance, to make a new cryptocurrency with the help of Solidity you need to follow ERC20. They make it simpler to tell, how dApps will work. Ethereum Blockchain development takes place in a special place known as Ethereum Virtual Machine.
Here is a guide to know it in a better way:
Once you are done with this, go through these tools to create Solidity smart contracts:
- Variables: Used to save information on Blockchain. Most common types of variables are Booleans, Integers, Addresses, Strings, etc.
- Functions: A function is used to perform a specific job. It can use information through variables for creating new information.
- Structs: These are used to put variables into the group.
You can go to some useful tutorials for the proper understanding of Solidity and its working. I would recommend you to go for BitDegree solidity course. It is great for those who have understood Solidity basics and are prepared to begin Blockchain programming.
l Learn the basics of cryptocurrency and Blockchain. Watch crypto blogs on Youtube. You can even go for Blockchain news on Coindesk.
- You can buy some cryptocurrency, in order to understand the working of an Exchange. A great exchange for a novice is Coinbase.
- Try basics of Blockchain programming. You can do it on Space Doggos or CryptoZombies.
- Go for advanced Solidity course, such as BitDegree.
- Use your new skills for creating dApps, as well as smart contracts.
Blockchain is playing a major role in app development sector too. So, if you want to become a Blockchain app developer, you have to focus on mobile apps evolution. I hope, now the picture to become a Blockchain developer is clear to you. Let’s put all these things into action.